Tuesday, August 18, 2009

There is No Place Like Home

Well, we only have one more day left of our journey!  I will have to say that I could have gone on for another 9 months - Clark said that he could too - the kids however, are ready to come home...I am not sure that I could have taken on the 'home schooling' for the Around the World journey - It is difficult to keep their attention in museums and the girls are ALWAYS wanting to go to the next clothing shop - we have done well though - not indulging in trinkets, souvenirs or extra clothing!  We have had a GREAT 30 days of togetherness - eating EVERY single meal together, sleeping 3 to a bed (well, up until the Number Sixteen Hotel) being together 24/7, laughing, walking everywhere we go, figuring out the Metro system for each country we have visited, eating new foods, getting lost, dealing with lice (ugh), trying to learn new languages (Ford's favorite is the English accent - he has gotten quite good at it!)  experiencing the Eurail system - We get back with only a few days before our oldest begins High School, two in middle school and Ford starts Third Grade - WOW - our year begins!  It makes me sad - but all day today, I was planning our next trip for The Traveling Six for next summer (I am hoping for 2 months!)  I know that the girls LOVE Greystone Camp - but I just think that these years together are priceless!  My idea is to explore more countries - but MOM - we can always have a family reunion in the Villa in Italy!  
We had a full day today - hitting the streets around 11 am.  Our first stop was H&M (original) and then we toured the entire floors of Harrods - wow - what a place!  We found a cool lunch spot (kind of like a LARGE Dean and DeLuca) had a sandwich and was on our way to the London Tower.  That was FUN!  The CROWN JEWELS!!!  Ford looked at me and asked - "How do you get that sword and that crown??"  I told Clark - "I want to be the QUEEN!!"  That was a sight to see all the jewels, the Star Of Africa, the crowns, the chalices - all adorned with many beautiful jewels!  It was a sight!  We strolled back - OH - we actually took a double decker bus back - and it was SLOW stopping at each stop.  We did get a good glimpse of London but home just in time to shower, hope back on the tube and meet our old (well, she is very young) babysitter - Jasmine Stephenson - for a yummy Mexican dinner at Wahaca - It was AWESOME!!!  We are home and will pack in another full day tomorrow - Westminster Abbey, The War Museum, Covent Gardens, and whatever else we can fit into the day - I probably will not blog because I will be packing - sad to say - we leave London at 6 am Thursday morning (via the tube - NOT taxi) to the airport!!!!  Can't wait to see everyone!  
This has been an incredible journey - please pray for safe travels as we journey home on Thursday - Blessings and LOVE to all!

1 comment:

  1. What an adventure! Will pray for safe travels home and so thrilled you were able to do this...what a gift! Makes me want to do the same with our four some day! I will know who to call for questions!
    xoxo,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete