Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Sleeper Train

Now it is 8 PM and we are in our snug and cozy coachette for a 12 hour train ride to Paris.  It has 6 beds in a 6’wide x 6’ long and 8’ high volume but the only real discomfort is a little (a lot) of complaining from those under the age of 15.

 

We have gone from a wonderful 5 star, luxurious hotel to a 0 star sleeper car that has itchy seats and sheets that smell like vinegar (that is a direct quote from the kids)  For those of you who know my ‘roach’ phobia – Taylor just pulled a joke on me as I am writing this – she is on the top bunk that is a few inches above my head and started to freak out about seeing a roach – we all fly out the cabin and she starts to giggle – ‘Just Kidding!’   I think we are all a little claustrophobic right now and pray that we will get at least a few hours of sleep tonight – not too sure about that.  We arrive in Paris at 8 am and fortunately we do have a hotel thanks to Priceline.com and my husband.  I keep thinking about if we had gone around the world – right now I am not sure we could go another 9 months…this was a good ‘test’ to see what we could endure!  We have endured a lot and I am proud of my kids – and me for letting go of control and walking in faith each step of the way!  We have little to NO AC in our tiny cabin – so our windows are open as well as our door to the hallway and the outer window is down so that we can get a ‘CROSS BREEZE’ J  We have 10 stops before we get to Paris! 

Clark has made all the beds – one on top of the other – Cat and Tay called middle – Ford and I called top ( a little more room ) and Clark and B are on the bottom – it is HOT as heck in here…you get ONE ripped sheet that smells not so good and WOOL BLANKETS as your other cover – WOOL – not a cute white coverlet – WOOL and they look like they have NOT been washed!  Are you imagining this – I am very quiet and silent right now – but UGH – no more over night trains for me unless it is the Orient Express!  I know now I am sounding a little spoiled – I will get over it once everyone quits complaining.  It’s 9:30 pm and I am closing my eyes and going to say a prayer! J

 


1 comment:

  1. Very Good information
    you are pretty good .
    Your site very useful.
    When I read the article and see a variety, it makes me happy.
    Permission to offer my website,
    A site about sleeper bed

    thank a lot your information
    and thank you very much for I had the opportunity to publish my work. :)

    ReplyDelete