Saturday, August 15, 2009

London is LOVELY


WOW – What an incredible day we have had.  The Euro star ( as I stated earlier was FANTASTIC with the Champagne and incredible meal)  We arrived in London around 3:30 pm and got on the Tube to Hyde Park – that is where someone said we would find a hotel.  We got to the park and did not see anything BUT my trusting daughter who needs to be a travel agent has been dying to stay at the Number Sixteen Hotel.   We called and they gave us a good rate.  So, we set out on foot, rolling our bags for about an hour looking for this hotel.  We finally found the hotel – from the looks of it I was a bit upset (It looked small and I was not really impressed so I sent the rest of the family in to go see a room)  They came out and said it was great – I followed inside and was AMAZED at the beauty and the homey feeling!  We have landed in PARADISE in London – this is yet, the BEST HOTEL – you should see our rooms and the furniture – and the SPACE (it is about the size of my bedroom at home!)  They even gave us a better deal because we were staying for five nights!  I am GRATEFUL and THANKFUL – we have endured many nights not sleeping well – dealing with NOT the greatest of surroundings.  We are now hanging up our clothes – packing them away in some beautiful pieces of antique furniture – Clark and I are putting all the kids in their room (right next door) and for the first time we will get to spend the night together!  There is a drawing room, a tea room, a garden and terrace – I am not sure that I will be leaving this hotel – Sorry to go on and on about the hotel – but for the past month – I have endured some pretty rough stuff!  OH I am HAPPY!  Blakely just said that this makes up for our horrible train ride and that she would go on it again if we could come back here – Clark is muttering – NO WAY – that train ride was the pits and I will NEVER do that again! 

On the red double decker bus tomorrow to get familiar with London – More to come!

Blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment