Friday, August 14, 2009

A Buzz Cut in Versailles


Another day in Paris!  Woke up itching!  (just kidding – but did dream about it)  We all got up around 9 am and started to plan our day.  I sent the boys out to find a place to get Ford’s haircut and we were going to meet them at Starbucks an hour later.  The girls showered and got ready for the day – trying to pick through clean clothes – believe it or not – it is time for me to do laundry AGAIN J  We ventured on to Starbucks and the boys followed shortly after we arrived – NO HAIRCUT – everything was closed for the month – OR – they just did women’s hair…anyway…I was determined to get Ford’s hair cut one way or another.  We got on the subway train to Versailles and got there about 30 minutes later…not a bad ride…the train was OK.  We got off and starting walking (well we did not know where we were walking) but I did see a young man who spoke some English and had a NICE BUZZ cut and asked him if he knew where we could get Ford’s hair cut – He said he cut his own hair (I wanted to flash him some Euros to see if he would do Ford’s) but he directed us down the streets to a GREAT place – perfect for what I wanted done!  The lady spoke absolutely NO English – and I had to show her a picture (Ford had resigned to the fact that he had to have it ALL cut off – he said “mom, I guess I really had too many bugs!”)  She got the razor out and I about died!  I told the girls that they were not to SAY  ONE  WORD – except that it looked good!  He did look good!  I was HAPPY!  We paid and skipped on our way to get some lunch at a little sandwich shop – jambon and fromage on French bread – YUM!  We headed on to the Palace.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment